As part of the exciting developments in The Crossroads Centre we are looking for an enthusiastic and energetic person to bring the centre to the next level as the Community Centre Coordinator.
We have put together a comprehensive job description below. If you think this challenge is right for you, we would welcome your application for the post. Please email your CV and covering note to email@example.com with the subject line Community Centre Co-ordinator Vacancy or post to us at the address below:
The Chairperson, The Crossroads Centre, Cong, Co. Mayo, F31 PY97
Job Specification & Terms and Conditions
|Job Title||The Crossroads Community Centre Coordinator|
|Purpose of the Post||The purpose of this post is to coordinate the day-to-day operations and organisation of activities in the Crossroads Centre and further develop, enhance and promote service provision thereby supporting the Centre in its efforts to provide access to support, services and information for families, individuals and groups in the Cong area and surrounds. Its services are designed based on the principles of inclusiveness and integration for all social groups, including older people, the unemployed and people with disabilities.|
|Reporting Relationship||The Crossroads Community Centre Coordinator will report to the Operations Manager of Cong Community Centre Ltd.|
|Working Hours||39 hours per week (excluding lunch breaks). Due to the nature of the work evening and weekend work will be necessary. Any time worked over 39 hours will be given in via Time Off in Lieu (TOIL) system. Timesheets must be kept.|
|Location of Post||The role will be based in the Crossroads Centre in Cong Co. Mayo.|
|Remuneration||€22,000 per annum|
|Details of Service||The Crossroads Centre is a state-of-the-art facility to serve a parish, consisting of three villages: Cong, Cross and the Neale in Co. Mayo Ireland. This centre’s business name is The Crossroads Centre. It is owned by the Community, under a Voluntary Board of Directors and Members, the legal company name is Cong Community Centre Ltd.|
The Crossroads Centre aims to benefit all local people, groups and organisations. It is a not-for-profit community, voluntary and charitable organisation. It is a social enterprise initiative set up to develop services and facilities which are commercial in nature to provide social and community gain. This multi-purpose facility is 7,600 sq feet and incorporates an exhibition/foyer area, fully functioning corporate type kitchen, large and small meeting rooms, a heritage quarter and a large hall for special occasions.
|Principal Duties and Responsibilities||Work with the Cong Community Centre Ltd Board, the Crossroads Management Committee, other local committees and representatives to assume the following duties and responsibilities:|
• to increase footfall to the Centre and the Number of Community/Voluntary groups using the facility in order to increase traded revenues:
• Website and social media upkeep, Newsletter, Press releases
• Sourcing new service-users, support fundraising activity, signs and promote community events
• Work with academic and professional bodies and other relevant stakeholders in relation to promoting usage of the Crossroads Centre.
• Research viability of various projects e.g. Night Classes/courses from 2nd and 3rdlevel colleges and examine sources of potential funding from government bodies, local authorities and NGOs
• Development of Heritage Quarter /Tourism
• Deal with enquiries and maintain record of enquiries
• Take bookings for centre and for courses, send out application form; book rooms
• Prepare flyers for advertising activities and managing bookings of rooms in the centre
• Ensure users have adequate insurance cover
• Accurately record minutes of all meetings relevant to coordinating activities of the centre.
• Maintain database of usage of centre.
• Evaluation of service provision including seeking feedback from users
• Maintain necessary records with regard to the Crossroads Centre Safety Regulations and the provision of reports following accidents or near misses.
• Maintain necessary records/inventory with regard to stock and equipment
• Collect room hire rentals and keep records of payments. Maintain efficient and accurate computerised accounts for the centre
• Maintain petty cash system and record monies spent
• Pay expenses to employees and service providers and maintain records
• Work within budget for specific community events
Maintenance of the Centre
The Coordinator will ensure:
• Open & closing of the Crossroads Centre as required
• Setting up rooms for different activities
• Adequate security arrangements
• Contact person(s) for issues relating to use of centre
• Liaising with key people as needed e.g. Rural Social Scheme local participants as required
• Regular attendance at Board/Committee meetings as requested
• To contribute as member of a team engaging with other members of staff working in the Crossroads Centre
The Crossroads Centre is registered with the HSE Environmental Health Service as a Food Business limited to the preparation and service of soup, sandwiches, scones and beverages.
• Ensure compliance with Food Safety Legislation, Health & Safety and COVID regulations
• Liaise with Rural Social Scheme Supervisor re food safety management system
• Ordering food provision from external providers as required.
• Promote quality provision of light refreshments to support community events
• Attend regular supervision meetings with the Operations Manager as Line Manager
• Attend when invited or required other Committees/Groups that use the Crossroads Centre
• Prepare reports for the Cong Community Centre Board in particular the Annual General Meeting
• Follow up on actions arising from Board, supervision and other meetings
The Coordinator during the period of employment or at any time after the termination of the employment may not disclose any confidential information in respect of the employer or information relating to the work or staff participating or working in the Crossroads Centre.
The above Job Description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all the duties involved and consequently, the Coordinator may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post by the Voluntary Board of Directors.
This job description may be reviewed, updated and/or amended from time to time inline with the needs of the service as required by Board of Directors and Management.
|Eligibility Criteria||Applicants must possess the following:|
• Good level of general education
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role is desirable
• Proficient in the use of IT software packages, namely Microsoft office, ability to work with website and social media
• Experience of working with the public
• Willingness to learn new skills
• Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
Additionally, to comply with CSP criteria, the applicant must be from one of the following target groups:
a) A person in receipt of Jobseeker’s Benefit (JB), Jobseeker’s Assistance (JA), one parent family payment (OPF) or the Jobseeker Transitional Payment
b) Persons in receipt of disability allowance (DA), invalidity pension, blind persons pension or other disability benefit.
c) Travellers in receipt of Jobseeker’s Benefit or Jobseeker’s Assistance or one parent family benefit.
d) Stabilised and recovering drug mis‐users.
e) People employed from Tús, Gateway, Community Employment (CE) and Job Initiatives (JI) schemes are deemed eligible. Former RSS workers who were previously CE participants are also eligible.
A candidate for and any person holding the office must be fully competent and capable of undertaking the duties attached to the office and be in a state of health such as would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service.
Each candidate for and any person holding the office must be of good character. Garda vetting will be required.
To comply with the CSP funding conditions, the applicant must be under 66 years of age.
|Skills, competencies and knowledge||The successful candidate will demonstrate:|
Knowledge and Skills:
• The core principles and values of the Crossroads Centre
• Ability to engage and communicate with users of the Crossroads Centre
• Demonstrate a willingness to develop skills and learning about the Crossroads Centre social enterprise
• Demonstrate ability to facilitate change to promote the centre
• Demonstrate an ability to apply knowledge to best practice
“This project is supported by the Department of Rural and Community Development and Pobal through the Community Services Programme”