The Senior Citizens Day Care Centre was formed with the objective of engaging in activities that contribute to the welfare of Senior Citizens in the Cong Parish and to provide recreational and educational facilities for them.
Aims and Objectives
- The purpose of the club shall be to improve the quality of life of the senior citizens in the broadest sense;
- It will provide facilities for the members to socialise and spend time in creative activity;
- It shall strive to be seen as a worthwhile and respectable organisation by the community;
- It shall be non-discriminatory;
- It will endevour to facilitate health enhancing activities and provide a range of supports and services to enable older people to maintain an optimum level of health, dignity, and independence at all times;
- It shall provide a hot and nutritious meal;
- It shall provide respite for carers from their dependent elder.